Tuesday, June 17, 2014

SITD 2014 - An author, a missionary...

Tim & Larry @ SITD 2014 Dallas
On occasion, I actually meet someone that went to the same schools I've attended!  Meet Dr. Tim Basselin, an alumni of both Evangel University and Fuller Theological Seminary (PhD - 2010).  His latest book is Flannery O'Conner - Writing a Theology of Disabled Humanity

He was here with his fellow Dallas Theological Seminary (DTS) colleague, Dr. Larry Waters, currently professor of Biblical Exposition and former missionary to the Philippines.  Dr Waters and DTS have developed a free audio course available on I-Tunes on disability ministry, crafted from his work on the book of Job. As he discussed with me the evolving nature of graduate course work, I was glad to hear that incoming students are now required to spend a minimum amount of hours in compassionate service learning. I think this is key to future ministry leadership training. Thanks for your service to the church!

#SITD #TheologyDisability