One of the newest additions in the field of scholarly research and integration between special education, theology, and ministry is the Journal of the Christian Institute of Disability. I received my copy of the Fall/Winter 2013 edition in the mail yesterday. It is the first time I've seen my words in print, as I was humbly asked to write an expanded review of Saul Olyan's work Disability in the Hebrew Bible.
Monday, February 10, 2014
Saturday, February 01, 2014
Friendship Ministries - Executive Director Needed
I have been involved with Friendship Ministries for nearly a decade now and currently serve on the executive board. With a reach onto four continents and several languages, it is one of the world's largest Christian disability resourcing ministries.
Friendship Ministries and Friendship Ministries-Canada seek applicants for the position of Executive Director to lead the ministries in sharing God’s love with people who have intellectual disability and enabling them to become an active part of God’s family.
Qualified applicants will have:
- A bachelor degree (special education or ministry-related preferred)
- Four years management experience (special education or ministry-related preferred)
- Passion for including people with intellectual disabilities in the life of the Church
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and speaking
- Ability to manage a staff and volunteers
- Ability to raise funds to support the work of the ministry
- A commitment to Jesus Christ demonstrated in word and in deed
Other desirable qualities include:
- Experience with curriculum development and publishing
- Understanding of diversity and cultural complexity
- Direct experience in a Friendship Class/Club
Pay Range: $62,000-$82,000
Applicants should submit the following items for the consideration of the search committee:
1. A resumé
2. Essays responding to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in serving in this position?
- What prior experience do you have with people who have intellectual disability?
- What is your theology of disability?
All materials should be sent to Rev. Barry Chance at email@example.com.
If you would like to know more about applying for this position, please find out more at www.friendship.org
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)